Do you ever feel like your work outfits are boring, unflattering, or frumpy. Well you are not alone. While we like to dress comfortably for work we also have to adhere to the unwritten rules for work attire that we all know. So how do we find flattering pieces that also look professional?
How To Make You Work Outfits Work For You.
1. Buy quality pieces. I’m sure you’ve heard this statement often but quality really does trump quantity. You could have all the clothing in the world but if it’s not of great quality it’ll never look good. Now that doesn’t mean you have to spend a ton of money. Believe I am a bargain hunting clearance rack chasing gal. Just keep an eye out for great sales, deals and be willing to shop for out of season clothing.
2. Know your body type. My body type is stick straight so I try to buy clothing that gives me an hourglass shape. Like high waisted pants and skirts or fit and flair dresses. Just remember you always want to draw attention to the smallest part of your figure for a more flattering shape.
3. Buy clothing that fits and/or get it tailored. I am a true believer in tailoring especially when it comes to the lengths of hems. I have never regretted spending money on tailoring. Now I haveve made the mistake of buying an item that is close to my size but doesn’t exactly fit because it was a good deal. But you know what I never wore it and it ended up being a waste of money. Also the better the fit the better it will look. Don’t try to squeeze into something just because you don’t like the number on the tag. Women’s clothing sizes are all over the place. In some stores I’m a 0 but in others I have to go up to an 8. So don’t qualify your beauty by the number or letter on the tag.
4. Shoes Matter! The type of shoe you wear can make or break your outfit. Sometimes you just have to wear heels. That’s why I have a pair of low, comfortable heels that I can wear pain free all day.
5. Last but not least ACCESSORIZE! Don’t be afraid to wear a few accessories. Sometimes a good statement necklace can really elevate your ensemble. Or maybe a few dainty gold strands will give your edgy look a feminine touch. Like I’ve said before as long as your pieces are of great quality and go with your outfit you can’t go wrong. Except for one thing… you can over accessorize. There is a delicate balance. If you feel like you’re wearing too much you probably are just dial it down a notch or two.
Thank you for reading I hope you enjoyed it!
Check out my other posts about work outfits here.
Shop The Look:
This post contains affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through certain links I will make a commission. Thank you for supporting Classical Trendsetter.