Y’all the moment I saw these red pants on ASOS I immediately added them to my online shopping cart. I mean have you ever seen a pair of work pants this chic? And styling them was a breeze! I knew that I wanted to pair them with a black and white top but I just couldn’t find the right one. That’s when I had an epiphany. I had a white and black polka dot dress in my closet that would look perfect if it were a top instead of a dress. But I didn’t let that stop me I decided to try it on with the pants to see if it would work. And guess what it did!
This got me thinking what other workwear hacks do I know to get more versatility out of my pieces. And that’s when I came up with the hacks and tips below.
Related: A Parisian Inspired Look (Featuring The Dress From This Post)
How To Get The Most Out Of Your Workwear
1. Turn a dress into a shirt. This works extremely well with skirts as long as the skirt is longer than the dress. But you can also tuck a dress into some loose fitting pants.
2. Wear a sweater over a dress. Really you could wear several different types of tops over a dress. I have just found that pullover sweaters work best.
3. Buy mostly neutral colored clothing. As you’ve heard neutrals go with everything and it’s true! That’s why I buy mostly neutral colored items and only a few colorful items. But also remember that color can really give your outfit interest.
4. Purchase quality pieces out of season. Quality clothing will last longer. This makes it worth the higher prices. But my hack is to buy those quality pieces out of season when they are on clearance.
5. Take care of your clothing. Taking care of your clothing is directly related to the amount of wears you will get out of you items. The phrase “DRY CLEAN ONLY” is not a dirty word. Dry cleaning really isn’t that expensive especially if you only get your items cleaned once a month or longer. And of course always remember to follow the cleaning instructions on the tag so that you don’t ruin your clothing.
Related: How To Wear A T-Shirt To Work
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.
Please share your favorite clothing hacks in the comments below. I’d love to read them.